Social Area (A.S.S.G.O Message Board)
Twitter Tweet Button
Share on Facebook
Send to a friend
Follow Our Official Twitter Account!
Like Our Official Facebook Page!
About the Founder of AS Support Group Online:
Emma-Lucy lives in the East Midlands, United Kingdom. Approximately 30 years old (a girl doesn't want to reveal her age). She was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at the age of 16. As a teenager, she wrote articles for two local publications, later she went on to self publish her own book about her life living with Asperger's Syndrome as a girl - Tortured Soul: A Female Aspie's Story. This is no longer available due to privacy issues. Most recently, due to poor schooling (associated with mainstream not understanding aspects of her disability) - she has gone back to do GCSE's at a local college. She is hoping to go onto study Access to Social Sciences in order to gain entry to study an Undergraduate Degree in Psychology with Neuroscience.
Current Qualifications and Certificates
- BTEC National in Media Producation (Distinction, Merit, Merit) - achieved in 2010
- Psychology and Mental Health: Beyond Nature and Nurture (via FutureLearn - course provided by The University of Liverpool) Certificate of Achievement - Achieved in 2016.
- Crime, Justice and Society (via FutureLearn - course provided by The University of Sheffield) Certificate of Achievement - achieved in 2016.
- Equality and Diversity Level 2 NCFE (distance learning provided by Tresham College of Education, Kettering). - Achieved 2015.
- Academic Integrity: Values, Skills, Action (via FutureLearn - course provided by The University of Auckland) Certificate of Participation - Achieved 2015.
- Medicine and the Arts - Humanising Healthcare (using aspects of Anthropology) - (via FutureLearn - course provided by The University of Cape Town) Certificate of Participation - Achieved 2015.
- Adult Literacy Level 2 (via City & Guilds - course provided by Saxongate Adult Learning Centre - Part of Huntingdon Regional College) Certificate. Achieved 2008.
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate for IT Users (via vision2learn provided by Tresham College, Kettering). Achieved 2007.
- BCS Level 1 and 2 (ECDL Essentials, ECDL Extra) Certificate. Achieved 2007.
- Heath & Social Care College Certificate 3x Distinctions (via NWHC). Achieved in 2005.
- Personal Effectiveness College Certificate (via NWHC). Achieved in 2005.
- Personal Development College Certificate (via NWHC). Achieved in 2005.